Terms and Conditions Relating to Professional Headshots and Commercial Shoots
Thank you for your interest in booking a photo session with me. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions prior to paying the deposit for your session. By booking with Ginny Koppenhol Photography you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you would like some more information about these T&Cs, please ask.
* Please note: When 'You' or 'Your' is used, this refers to 'The Client'.
Booking and Cancellations
• The session fee is payable at the time of booking and also acts as your deposit to secure your booking. This is non-refundable (apart from in those circumstances described below). In order for the booking to be secured, payment is to be made by the 'due date' noted on the invoice. If payment is not made by this date, the proposed photo shoot date can no longer be honoured and you will have to contact Ginny Koppenhol Photography to re-book your shoot should you still want to go ahead with the booking.
• If Ginny Koppenhol Photography has to cancel the appointment, an alternative date will be offered where possible. Where not possible, Ginny Koppenhol Photography's liability shall be limited to a full refund of the session fee.
• At least 7 days notice is required for client cancellations. Where this notice period is given, if an alternative date cannot be agreed, you are entitled to a full refund of the deposit paid.
• Ginny Koppenhol Photography understands that illnesses can develop suddenly. Should a session be cancelled with less than 7 days notice due to illness or other emergency, an alternative date will be offered where possible. Only two cancellations with less than 7 days notice (due to emergencies or illness) is allowed before the deposit is retained.
* If you decide to cancel your session and not re-book (with fewer than 7 days notice) you will not be entitled to a refund of your deposit.
• Session dates and times are not secured until the deposit has been paid.
• Once you have selected your photos for editing, you will receive an invoice for the remaining balance. The final balance is due 7 days following receipt of the invoice. You can pay in cash, or online by bank transfer, PayPal, credit or debit card.
• Ginny Koppenhol Photography will make every effort to comply with requests for specific photos. A pre-shoot consultation will take place on the phone in advance of the shoot date in order to discuss and agree the specifics of the shoot.
• Photo shoots cannot be rearranged within 7 days of the shoot date due to expected poor weather. Therefore clients are encouraged to consider alternative locations if a chosen outdoor location offers little or no shelter.
• Due to factors such as weather or willingness/co-operation of subjects, it may not be possible for all of the images requested or expected to be captured.
Digital Images, Products and Printing
• Ginny Koppenhol Photography will provide a gallery of unedited and watermarked proof images in a password-protected online gallery within 72 hours following the shoot. You will then make a selection of your favourite images for editing. You agree to make your selection within 1 week from receiving your online gallery.
• Photos will be professionally edited and supplied to you within two weeks . If you need your images by a certain date please discuss this with Ginny Koppenhol Photography at the time of booking your photo shoot.
• You will receive low and high resolution versions of your images via email or downloadable gallery.
• All images selected by the client are professionally edited. This may include removing minor blemishes such as scratches, bruises, shadows and distracting items in the background.
Ginny Koppenhol Photography will not release unedited or RAW images to clients as these are not a 'final product'. Unedited images do not provide you with the best images, nor represent fully the work of the photographer and therefore are not shared in the public domain.
• When printing your photos please note Ginny Koppenhol Photography cannot be held responsible for poor quality prints from high street or online printers. Ginny Koppenhol Photography can provide you with professional prints if required.
• It is your responsibility to ensure you have made a backup of your images. Ginny Koppenhol Photography cannot be held responsible and are not under any obligation to provide the images again if your images becomes corrupt, lost or damaged. Ginny Koppenhol Photography will endeavour to keep your high resolution edited images for 24 months. In addition, the unedited proofs will be kept by the photographer for 12 months. However where you have given permission to allow Ginny Koppenhol Photography use of your photos for online promotion purposes, the selected images will be retained indefinitely (but will include no accompanying personal data).
• All orders are presumed to have been received and in good condition unless the Client notifies Ginny Koppenhol Photography within 48 hours of receipt.
• Ginny Koppenhol Photography shall be entitled to use its judgement regarding the style and artistic input in the production of pictures.
• You may not alter or add to or manipulate a picture by means of computer or any other technique including instagram filters. However it is understood that these images will be used for various marketing and promotional materials, and that there may be a need to add text or crop the image to fit specific designs. I give permission for you to make these specific changes.
Use of Photos
• The copyright of all images remains with Ginny Koppenhol Photography. This is a standard condition for Professional Photographers.
* You are permitted to reproduce your digitally purchased images for business promotion and marketing purposes eg. on social media, company website, blog posts and printed media (however you agree not to alter images, including the addition of filters or sell them for profit, or use for photographic competition entry). However I do understand that these images will be used for various marketing and promotional materials, and that you will be wanting to add text to some and also crop to fit specific designs. I give permission for you to make these specific changes.
* Your explicit consent will be gained before Ginny Koppenhol Photography uses any of the images for online promotion or for any other publicity.
• Due to the custom nature of photograph products and downloadable images no refunds will be issued.
Insurance & DBS
• Ginny Koppenhol Photography has public liability insurance.
• Ginny also holds a current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate which can be seen on request.
• Safety is the upmost importance during all sessions. Ginny Koppenhol Photography have the right to refuse to attempt any pose or to use props or locations they feel may be unsafe.
• Whilst every care is taken at every stage of the photographic process, Ginny Koppenhol Photography shall not be liable to the client for any failure, in whole or in part, to fulfil her obligations of a booking where failure arises as a result of an event or circumstances beyond her control, which may include (but are not limited to) equipment failure, inclement weather, illness or injury. Ginny Koppenhol Photography can accept no responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of any such failure beyond a full refund of the original photo shoot fee.
Personal Information and privacy
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
It is our passion to provide a superb service to all of our clients. In order to do so we must reserve the right to change our terms and conditions without notice at any time. The terms and conditions are in place to protect Ginny Koppenhol Photography and the client in a professional, legal booking agreement. By booking with Ginny Koppenhol Photography you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions. Should you wish to discuss any of these points please contact Ginny via the contact details on the website.